11/28/13

Half HamBurger / Half VegBurger


 Be Sneaky!

I was craving a black bean burger, but there is NO way my husband and kids would go for that.

At first I thought I'd sneak in some finely chopped veggies.  Then it became a full on Veggie Burger Invasion.

I chopped up some mini peppers (orange, yellow and red)
Then I added 2 tablespoons of Taco Seasoning.
I used the food processor to chop up half a can of black beans (after I rinsed them)

add it all to half a pound of super lean ground beef.
make into sliders.
Cook in olive oil over medium high heat until crisp (see above)

Then ~ oh then ~ 
wrap them up in a nice little package of Crescent Rolls.
It's such a nice package.
**It is so exciting when a recipe is perfection.**

Bake according to the crescent roll package.
Enjoy a tasty tasty treat. Everyone in my family gobbled these down!

Recipe
1/2 Pound Ground Beef
1/2 Can black beans (rinsed)
3-4 mini peppers
2 tbsp taco seasoning
use food processor to mince peppers, move to bowl, add seasoning. use food processor again for black beans - 2-3 pulses only. Mix with ground beef and peppers and form into palm size or slider size burgers pinch centers to prevent puffing.
2 tablespoons olive oil for cooking burgers
cook burgers 2 - 3 minutes on each side until slightly crisp.  Try one, but stop at one!  :)
1 can of Crescent Rolls
Wrap cooked burgers in crescent rolls in desired shape.  Bake according to package directions.

Serve.  
Have for breakfast the next day.
Then for lunch.
Then wish you had made many many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Pinterest and I have been great partners the last few weeks. Oh my GOD this was delicious~ my 8 year old said "I am mad this is so...