8/28/13

My big pinterest FAIL.


To be Fair; there were no instructions with this pinterest pin, and I made no effort to find the original info.  I used my cheese grater to shred some potatoes and placed them in my preheated waffle iron. Pictured is 10 minutes in... after 20 minutes there were slightly more crunchy spots.  

Having cooked most of my life, what I would do next time: soak the shredded potatoes in water for 20 minutes or so, drain, place between two dish towels (lined with paper towels) and remove as much excess water as possible (this is the best way to make oven fries - crispy every time) and a small grooved iron - ours is particularly deep.

My husband enjoyed them, I did not.  After looking for the recipe to place in this post, I found a LOT of people have Failed at this recipe.

Here is a post with successful results : http://seasonedwithsarcasm.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/pinterest-idea-waffle-iron-hash-browns/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Pinterest and I have been great partners the last few weeks. Oh my GOD this was delicious~ my 8 year old said "I am mad this is so...