7/25/13

Home made pizza night (yes scratch dough)


I purchased a big bag of fresh spinach from Sprouts on Sunday.
I tossed it in Olive oil and some Italian seasoning and steamed it for a few minutes... Just to soften it.
My 6 year old sang Popeye The Sailor man with me as we ate it. 3 year old wouldn't even taste it. 

While the boys played in their room, I threw pizza yeast, just under 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 tsp sugar 4 tbsp canola oil, and quite a few seasonings (Pensky Italian, oregano, garlic and herb...) whisked that all together and poured 2/3 cup water that I'd microwaved 1 minute.

Kneaded the dough for 4 minutes (ok, I didn't time it, but it seemed like 3 minutes minimum)

Then stretched the dough out pretty thin. Used my pizza cutter, divided it into 3 parts. I reshaped the boys pizzas into circles.. God forbid they aren't round, then it isn't pizza, of course.

They put the sauce and toppings onto theirs and I did for mine (meanwhile the ovens getting to 425’)


11 minutes, bam - dinner is ready
Maybe 30 minutes in all to have a completely fresh, homemade, everyone is happy - meal.
 Mine is a combo of yellow peppers, fresh spinach, cheese, olive oil and sauce.
Perhaps less corn meal on the pans or more olive oil on the crust... Other than that.. Tasty!!
1/2 of my pizza is left over, bet my husband eats it before I can get to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 Pinterest and I have been great partners the last few weeks. Oh my GOD this was delicious~ my 8 year old said "I am mad this is so...