9/22/13

Monster House

Monster House

I decided to make our house into a monster house today.  It was something I had seen on pinterest.  We bought 75% of our supplies from Michaels with 20% entire order coupon.  The foam (20" x 30") were 2 for $3, and I had the paint and duct tape we had at home.

 



I taped 2.5 pieces of the foam together with clear packing tape.  Then I drew the outline on with pencil. With an x acto knife to cut out the teeth.  I'm not going to lie, it was a pain in the ass.  I hope to never try doing that again.

In the end, I was decently ok with the result.  It obviously does not look like the perfection of the pin, but hey, I didn't have plywood and someone to hang the stuff up for me.

The kids liked it. That, in the end, is all that counts.






Original pin (web link http://sublime-decor.com/2013/07/30/decorate-your-front-entry-way-as-a-monster-for-halloween/)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 Pinterest and I have been great partners the last few weeks. Oh my GOD this was delicious~ my 8 year old said "I am mad this is so...